Good afternoon, friends and neighbors!
My regular blog posts will resume tomorrow, because for right now I have something BIG to announce:
My new book, “Blood, Sweat, and Butter,” will be released on the Amazon Kindle May 7th!!!
Here’s the deal…
“Why A Book?”
Becoming an author has been one of my dreams since I was a kid, and if you’ve been reading this blog for ANY amount of time, you know I love being a storyteller. Here’s one more way for me to tell you a story…
“Ok, so what’s the story?”
Seven years ago, I made the decision that I needed to lose weight. I didn’t want to end up like some of my relatives (dead from complications due to their weight.)
I didn’t want to end up like some of my teachers (talented professionals whose bodies and age couldn’t keep them going in a busy kitchen anymore.)
More than anything, I was tired of being in pain all the time, being sad all the time, putting on a happy face all the time, and hating my body all the time.
With the help of friends, some good advice, and a LOT of sweat- I changed my body and my life. In a given blog entry, I can only go into so much detail- in the book, I lay out EVERYTHING I did to lose over 100 lbs. in a safe, reasonable amount of time- all while learning to become a pastry chef, and WITHOUT expensive programs, machines, or memberships.
“So what will the book tell me exactly?”
- How to find your own best motivation to get fit and healthy– because not all motivations are the same, and only thee best ones will stick with you and keep you going.
- How, as an aspiring pasty chef, I learned to reevaluate my relationship with food– enjoying the food I love WITHOUT harsh diets, drugs, or “crash diets.”
- How I chose an exercise routine that reflected what I enjoyed, worked for me, and built my body for the the kitchen.
- Built a home gym WITHOUT weight sets, machines, or really ANYTHING you couldn’t get at a Target and a contractor supply store!
- MAINTAINED the energy and motivation– even as doubt, depression, and illness crept up.
“Hell, I’m sold… Where can I get it?”
Great question! You’ll be able to buy it for the Amazon Kindle on May 7th. For the first week only, the book will be only $1.10!
Why $1.10? Because it’s one cent for every pound I lost… and because I want to make sure as many people hear this story as possible.
“After the book, what’s next?”
Another great question- SO MANY THINGS! A return to videos, maybe- or the idea of BHB merchandise has been floated!
What do you think? Shirts? Exercise wear? Hat pins? Let me know!!
One more thing…
Before I go, I need to say THANK YOU. THANK YOU to every single one of you who read this blog. It’s because of you I still write, and could even believe this book could be written. As far as I’m concerned, I wrote this book FOR YOU, and for every other person who struggles with themselves.
I wrote it for every cook trying to not fall down the path of destruction that is so common to our craft.
You- ALL of you- are who I write for, and who I will continue to write for.
Thank you again, and